APPOIGNY dans l'Yonne



ACCUEIL | SYNDICAT D'INITIATIVE | DÉCOUVRIR APPOIGNY | HÉBERGEMENT-RESTAURATION | ACCÈS | PLAN


Appoigny
This village with all its flowers is well known for its architectural heritage but also for its hotels and restaurants. Appoigny is situated in Yonne about ten kilometres north of Auxerre. You can stroll along the banks of the Yonne river on in the ‘Gué de la Pucelle’ park. There are also 3 washhouses and an orientation table. The Saint Pierre Collegial - a classified Historic Building - dates back to the 13th century. It has a tower of the 16th century and a magnificent Jube dating from 1606. Rustic and Germanille, father and mother of Saint Germain who was born in Appoigny in 380 and became a famous archbishop of Auxerre, were lords of Appoigny. In accordance with local tradition they were buried in the Collegial of Appoigny. Their tombstones are thought to be in the church.


© Syndicat d'Initiative d'Appoigny 2001-2008. Le site et ses contenus sont protégés par les lois sur la propriété intellectuelle. Toute reproduction total ou partielle du site est interdite - informations légales